Mastercard


The last year or so I have been working in the antique business. I had a little booth and worked estate and auction sales. I see lots of beautiful things. When I am trying to price and  searching for the value of a piece I check a lot of different sources. 

What I have learned is that it doesn't matter what I think something is worth. The value of any item is the amount a buyer is willing to pay.

Some pieces I let go for what feels like below value, some are so beautiful or rare that if I can't get the price I want them I keep them. You can refer to an earlier blog of mine called Hoarders.

So what is the value of a human? The mineral components in a body come up to less than $5. What if I needed some quick cash? I could sell my heart - legally even - for one million dollars.  Of courses I wouldn't be around to spend it. Liver? About half a million, same problem. 

What about a private adoption? What value is placed on a child? In my state somewhere between five and 40 thousand dollars. 

What if I needed some new teeth? I could get them for an amount ranging from 600 to 10,000 dollars. 

I could sell my plasma for somewhere from 20 to 50 dollars. In this situation it pays to be fat, The more you weigh the more plasma you have to sell. 

You probably put a dollar limit in the gifts you give others, Maybe 20 dollars for birthdays and 50 dollars for Christmas.

Salvation is freely given to those who ask but this does not mean it is without cost. The cost was paid by God who sacrificed his Son, by Jesus through his suffering, by the Holy Ghost who woos the stubborn heart. I said this gift was freely given, but it is not free,

It has requirements, such as the compete surrender of self, renunciation of past sins with a zeal to live better.

Why does it cost so much for this free gift? Salvation cannot be earned by any number of good deeds, but Jesus paid the cost to offer you this gift. You have to choose to pay the cost of acceptance. 

Salvation is expensive.
Belonging to Jesus - priceless.

I am praying today for the emergency personnel I see drive by every day and the people they are going to help. I am praying for you my friends, and for those you request me to pray for. I am also diligently praying for the unsaved. Please pray for me also.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That Old Black Magic

Are Skeletons Real?

Joysuckers