My first blog

One of the first things I thought of, is how much do you say on a blog? Does the world need to know your innermost thoughts?
Maybe they do. Especially since your dad is probably the only one that is going to read them.

I am reading a book. For those who have known me for years you probably think I am always reading a book. But the last few years I started living life, and experiencing it instead of living vicariously through the lives of imaginary people.

The book I am reading now is the kind to be sipped in small drinks. To savor and ponder.  Perhaps some of you are familiar with the works of C.H. Spurgeon. I am not. Our minister Leanna quotes him frequently which spurred me to look over his works and order a book from Amazon Prime.

The book is called Spurgeon on the Holy Spirit. I thought it would answer questions. It does but it also brings new questions to me. I won't list them, because if you are not a Christian it would be like reading Greek, and if you are a Christian you most likely have or have had these same questions.

I am barely a quarter of the way through the book. I have dog eared some pages My mother would be fit to be tied. That is what book marks are for!
I am going to greatly paraphrase something I read.

We who are Christians think we can handle sin, that we can withstand and kick it in the butt so to speak. But then when sin and trouble come, we find we have to cry out for the help of the Spirit.

I recently found this out. I have a happy life, a good life. However, my youngest son says he is an Athiest. He came to visit and of course he wants to talk about this stuff.  The old Devil started using him to plant seeds in the cracks of my brain. I struggled in prayer for several weeks. It required the strength of the Holy Spirit to "clean" my brain.

Well, I have more to talk about (don't I always!) but my next blog is going to be about a monster we all are afraid of. JoySuckers.

Praying for you my friends as I hope you pray for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are Skeletons Real?

That Old Black Magic

A mentally ill Christian - is it possible? A Happy New Year thought. Christian Life