Baby Cemetery

I live next to a cemetery and I like to walk the dogs there. Today I was looking at the baby section and I noticed there were two sets of twins. I cannot imagine the pain of parents who bury a child who lived one hour or one day, sometimes a couple of months or even a year. But to bury two at the same time must make a heart as heavy as it could ever be. I also noticed two tiny graves about a row apart  with exactly the same name. I went back and forth comparing. They were exact in every way, except that they were three years apart. I try to imagine those parents. Their loss, their hopefulness and then a second tragedy. Of course we don't know the rest of the story. I like to think that they went on to have healthy children.

I saw this on a tombstone:   Jeremiah 29:11

I knew I wouldn't remember by the time I got home so I pulled out my phone to Look it up,

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

As I wandered around the tiny graves, I wondered about their purpose and how quickly they must have fulfilled it. Of course these children belonged to God, and they went back to be with him. But I would not find that to be a comfort if I were those parents in that moment.

One thing that is a comfort. When I arrive in heaven, I will meet the child that was miscarried, and those parents will have a reunion with their beloved infants.  Hope is the best gift we have.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are Skeletons Real?

That Old Black Magic

A mentally ill Christian - is it possible? A Happy New Year thought. Christian Life