Are Skeletons Real?

My husband and I were having lunch today, and a little girl who was obviously out with Grandma and Great-grandma was pointing out the Halloween decorations. She sweetly told them, "Don't be afraid of the skeletons, they aren't real"

So in life we have to not be afraid of things that aren't real, and we have to figure out what they are.    

 If you are a sweet even tempered person I suggest you avoid Facebook.  I am neither sweet or even tempered, just tempered.
Recently I have had a verbal falling out with two people. As much as I want to tell you all about it and prove that my anger is righteous you would only be hearing half of a story. Besides, I am thinking my anger isn't really righteous, but just a drive to be Right.

Facebook has given a certain level of anonymity that allows people to become much less civil in conversation than they would be with a person standing face to face with them. When you are standing face to face with a good friend or a relative you love I think you are much more likely to let a disagreement drop.

I explode when angry but if I don't it is much worse. I fester, nursing that grudge so that it grows, holding it like a child. The two recent falling outs I have had were one of each kind. But they are not kind.

There are three marks of righteous anger. The first is that it must be towards actual sin, not just something you don't like, or hurt feelings etc. Righteous anger focuses on God and His kingdom. Lastly, righteous anger is expressed in a Godly way not ranting and raving but controlled and helpful.

Yesterday I got some pretty bad news that may be followed by even worse news.  I realized that all of this is petty. Nothing matters to me but this situation. I don't care if someone doesn't agree with me or I with them. Anything we were arguing about is now unimportant to me. 

Vote for whoever you want, believe whatever you want, take whatever side of any issue you want. Tell me I am stupid and uneducated because I don't agree with you. It doesn't matter.

Right now the only thing that matters is being in prayer.  I cannot pray out loud, I would just cry. My husband is the one who prays aloud for both of us frequently during the day.  The Holy Spirit is the one who hears my heart groaning.  The groaning that comes when you have no words to express the enormity of what you feel.

I feel ashamed of my anger that is a sinful one. I know I will need to make amends. But right now, the only thing I can handle is the constant praying that is going on in my head and my heart. I know we will lean on God regardless of the situation but this has allowed me to see that I have a long way to move ahead in my spiritual growth.

I hold up many of you in my daily prayers and I ask that you hold me up also.


Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love you! The kids, and particularly Cass, talk of you frequently and wonder at me about when they can see you again. Praying for you often.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

That Old Black Magic

A mentally ill Christian - is it possible? A Happy New Year thought. Christian Life