Pokemon Go!

Have you ever lost something and wasted time in your day searching for maybe your keys, or a present you bought someone on sale and put away for a time? Have you ever been on a trip and become completely lost in a strange city in a scary neighborhood?  Maybe you have been looking for something that isn't lost, like in a scavenger hunt.


I have played Pokémon Go! nearly since its inception. *I have logged hundreds of miles, my fitbit bears witness to that. I have walked all over various towns searching for the elusive Dragonite. One night as I prepared for bed a Snorlax appeared right at the end of my bed! SCORE!


Have you ever felt emotionally lost? Grieving for a dead relationship or the loss of someone you love? Maybe you are dealing with deep depression or things in your past that haunt you. You are not alone.


David in the book of Psalm 25:16-17 cries out "Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Relieve the troubles of my heart and free my from my anguish."


I had a period in my life that I thought trouble would never stop raining down upon me.  I knew God was my umbrella, but he had to be my galoshes as well.  At one point I thought I might need an Ark to sail away from my problems. I prayed often but the problems just kept coming. Suicide, bankruptcy, foreclosure. Was I this generations Job?


Consider Deuteronomy 31:6 "Be strong and courageous. do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you, we will never leave you nor forsake you." It is good advice, but when you are in the midst of trials, and they seem to continue unabated you do not feel courageous.


Following god does not guarantee a life with no trouble or suffering. The hard things of life serve a purpose, but are not a punishment from God, however he can use this to make us better people. Eventually that current batch of problems, after several years, were resolved, but not without pain and sacrifice.


So, what good is this suffering we go through? This is 2 Corinthians 1:4
"...Who comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God."   So that sounds like the gift of empathy. You have worn their uncomfortable shoes.


When is this suffering and problems all going to end?  1 Peter 5:10 tells us the answer to that.
"And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast."


So your suffering will end, guaranteed.


I told you my problems resolved. That does not mean I did not get new problems in my life. I made bad decisions and suffered the consequences. Blessings fell upon me though, and life did get better. I have the Comfort now of the Holy Spirit, and that allows me to have a wonderful protection while I deal with life issues.


I am praying for many of you, some with family problems, Susan, Lethia, many with health issues, Pat, Carl, Cousin Robin, the many of you with financial stress, and those that are grieving a loss.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are Skeletons Real?

That Old Black Magic

A mentally ill Christian - is it possible? A Happy New Year thought. Christian Life